<body ><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/10208765?origin\x3dhttp://chump-style.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, April 11, 2005

Saturday, 9 April 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tonight I went with my other friends to the 94.7 Heavyweight Comedy Jam at the Sandton Convention Centre - eish, maar that place is larnie ne?! MC'd by Alex Jay, it featured seven local, and three international stand-ups.

Pick of the bunch were definitely loxion star David Kau, Riaad Moosa from the "flats" and a random white guy that ripped the Dutchmen to shreads, and Whackhead, prank caller extraodinaire. The reason I enjoyed them was because they make jokes about South Africans, leave Dubya outta the equation, and just talk about stuff we can relate to. The Irish guy was quite good too!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com David Kau: Loxion culcha is the theme as usual. "I can't wait for them to name the Nigerian cardinal as the next Pope, it'll be cool to have a Pope that lives in Hillbrow!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Riaad Moosa: His usual coloured Muslim point of view, making tons of Muslim extremist kinda jokes. "Halaal is the traditional slaughtering of animals. So they fly two jumbo jets into livestock? Where the halaal did all the meat go?!"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Darren Simpson: Whackhead prank called Jeremy Mansfield live on stage, telling Jem that he was quitting The Rude Awakening, to join Martin Bester at Jakaranda 94.2. Such choice language was used by Jeremy, including c#nt, f#ck, f@g. He eventually hung up the phone and refused to talk with Whackhead again. Whackhead also tried to call Minki, but it went to voicemail.

Other one liners of the evening:
"I saw the latest Leon Schuster movie, it was so shit, Christopher Reeve would've walked out!"

"My girlfriend has a seashell tatooed on her inner thigh, when I put my ear up to it, I can't hear the sea but I can certainly smell it!"

Crappest of the night was certainly Mark Banks. He opened with his usual "I'm Mark Banks, spelt C-O-H-E-N." (Zzzzzz!) I've seen parts of this skit at the '94 Toronto Comedy festival, where he also made the same Charles and Camilla and Pope jokes. So BOOOO to him - in my opinion, he is so NOT FUNNY!

But all in all, a good night out. Cost me 88 bucks for the cheap seats, but good value for money. Highly recommended!

Labels:

BlogMad!Humor Blog Top Sites Your Ad Here